Friday, January 3, 2014

Family Mini Albums

I finally got pictures of a mini album that I made for my mother and mother-in-law for Christmas. I made one for each. Both are basically the same with the exception of a few pages and a couple of inserts, showing pictures specific to each family. This is where a lot of my December scrapping time went, to finish these up for Christmas gifts. My mother could not come up for Christmas, so I'll be mailing her's out this weekend. These are paper bag albums that a swap sister had sent to me almost 3 years ago that had just been sitting in my drawer waiting to be used. Since I stopped scrapping for about 2.5 years, I never had a chance to use them, and I thought they'd be perfect for mini albums for the grandmothers for Christmas.



I found this quote online and printed it out on white cardstock, then trimmed it with decorative edged scissors and inked the edges with a black Cat's eye inkpad. I decided to cover the binding edge of the paper bag album with some card stock. I took every opportunity in the album to add inserts into the pockets and even built in some flaps as well.





here's the same insert cards as above but on the flip side

and some more, including a flip page on an insert, for Halloween pics. Probably my favorite feature in the book.



Thanks for looking! Please leave a comment if you've stopped by here to check these out, and consider following my blog!

1 comment: