Friday, December 27, 2013

Collect $200

This is a layout I completed for 2 challenges over at www.acherryontop.com, and I used a sketch from the blog over at www.scrapbooksteals.com for their #MidWeekMojo sketch challenge series. The subject matter challenges were to document and journal about a holiday tradition/memory. This layout was incredibly fun to make and I got creative with my embellishments! We bought the Monopoly electronic version some years back (before the circular one) and it was the US Cities version. So I scanned the blue cards (Boardwalk/ParkPlace) and printed them out, then colored in with colored pencil. Then I printed and colored some houses, and found some images for Free Parking and Go, printed those and colored in. I had so much fun making this one, and it definitely documents all the fun we typically have playing games every year after Christmas or Thanksgiving. Do you have a layout that was especially fun to create?

2 comments:

  1. Great way to make your own embellies!! Love how they turned out! And I especially love your arrow patterned paper--it goes well with the pass go theme!!

    Just started following your blog (a cherry friend from ACOT)--congrats on starting it up and getting some posts done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, I had some fun creating some layouts just this morning. I made a LO of my kids making Christmas cookies, and I used some white mist to represent flour. You probably know how flour gets "poofed" everywhere when rolling out cookies!! You can check out my post here: http://scrapportunities.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-layouts.html

    TFL!!

    ReplyDelete